Event Updates - email sent 4/16/21
April 16, 2021
Dear Class of 2021 Parents, Guardians and Students,
For the first time in Clarkstown South history, the graduating class will have their commencement ceremony at Boulder Stadium on June 22, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. Having the graduation at the stadium will allow for our entire graduating class to be together and each graduate will be able to have up to four guests. In addition, the event will be a livestream and the stadium is allowing us to use the jumbotron during the event.
The Department of Health released guidelines this week pertaining to graduation ceremonies. Once we review these details, we will share additional information. The guidelines are attached to this email.
In addition to graduation, I am sharing information about upcoming events for the Class of 2021.
- SENIOR PICTURE/CAP AND GOWN PICK UP - Recently, I sent information to you about the senior class picture that will be taken on Wednesday, April 21. You can find that information HERE. Also, we will have caps and gowns available for pick up on that day for those students who have not yet picked up their caps and gowns.
- DECISION DAY - With Decision Day (May 1) landing on a Saturday this year, we will recognize Decision Day on Friday, April 30, 2021, Seniors will be excused periods 7 and 8 and will be invited to sign the Decision Day posters located on the basketball courts in the back of the school. Members of the class will also be invited to decorate a parking spot in the senior lot with chalk to depict their post high school graduation plans. All seniors will be asked to park in the junior lot in preparation for the event.
- SENIOR PROM - The Senior Prom will be held on Thursday, June 3, 2021, at the Rockleigh Country Club in Norwood, NJ. Current COVID limitations include no more than 150 people in a room and no dancing. To accommodate the number of students in the senior class, we will be using two rooms at the Rockleigh with 150 people per room. As a result, only members of the senior class of Clarkstown South will be allowed to attend the event. We will have more information as we get closer to the event.
- YEARBOOK DISTRIBUTION/BREAKFAST - The distribution is scheduled to take place on Friday, June 4 during the first four periods of the school day. We will send out more information about the yearbook distribution as we get closer to the event.
- SENIOR GRADUATION REHEARSAL AND SEND-OFF - We will be having a graduation rehearsal in the morning on Monday, June 21, at Clarkstown High School South. More information will be forthcoming about this day. In addition, we are planning to have a Senior Sendoff on that day so that families and staff can say goodbye to our graduates. There are still details to plan and information will be distributed once it is finalized.
In a year where much of what we try to do is constantly conflicted by State regulations and health department mandates, I appreciate the work of our senior class advisors, and GO advisors along with the senior class officers to provide opportunities for celebrations as we close the year. I look forward to seeing the members of the Class of 2021 together for the picture next Wednesday. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Mrs. Debra Tarantino, Principal