August 30, 2021 Letter: Welcome Back
August 30, 2021
Dear Clarkstown Parents and Guardians,
I hope your summer was relaxing and rewarding with family and friends.
Welcome to the start of the academic school year in the Clarkstown Central School District. Following 18 months in the District like none of us have ever experienced, I am excited for us to return on September 1 with in-person learning. I am confident that by working together we can have a safe, enjoyable and enriching school year for our students.
We invite you all to watch our Welcome Back video featuring Board of Education President Walter Litvak and our student leaders (click here).
As the new school year is ready to begin, please take the opportunity to become familiar with our new teachers and administrators. Please (click here) to learn about our new hires and where they will be teaching this year.
To ensure we remain safe and healthy, there are a few updates to health policy for this upcoming school year:
- All students, staff and visitors - vaccinated and unvaccinated - must wear face coverings indoors in accordance with the August 27 New York State Department of Health mandate. The new directive remains consistent with CCSD’s August 5 Letter to the Community regarding required face coverings in all district buildings.
- We will continue with the amended visitor policy put in place last year. You must have an appointment to visit the school. Walk-in visits will not be accommodated.
- As per updated state guidance, when students are unmasked, our schools will implement physical distancing to the extent possible.
- Students, staff and bus drivers are required to wear face coverings at all times aboard our school buses, per CDC guidance.
- It is no longer necessary to fill out daily Share 911 Wellness Screenings.
- We ask that you please remain vigilant in monitoring your own health; if you think you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and get tested.
- Please see linked here our Return to Schools Q & A page that will provide you more information.
We will continue to monitor for any updates in state or CDC guidelines/mandates, and will update the CCSD community on any changes to district health and safety protocols that may follow.
I wish all of you great success throughout the school year, and I thank you in advance for your ongoing collaborative efforts with our faculty, staff and administrators for the purpose of meeting the needs of our students.
Stay healthy! Stay strong!
Martin D. Cox, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools