Return to School - Travel Quarantine and Testing
We hope you had a restful and enjoyable winter break.
As we prepare to return to our school buildings, we ask your cooperation in continuing to comply with all COVID safety measures to protect the health of all and help keep our schools open.
RETURN FROM TRAVEL
If you have traveled to any country or state other than NY, NJ, CT, VT, MA and PA for more than 24 hours in the last 10 days, you need to complete a quarantine or testing protocol upon your return to New York State per the NYS Travel Advisory requirements.
Upon reentry to New York, travelers must:
- complete a mandatory 10 day quarantine
- test-out of the mandatory 10-day quarantine by taking each of the steps below:
- A traveler must obtain a test within three days of departure from the travel destination, prior to arrival in New York.
- Upon arrival in New York, quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of the quarantine, obtain another COVID test. If both tests come back negative, the traveler may exit quarantine early upon receipt of the second negative diagnostic test.
- Present documentation of the two tests to your supervisor, school nurse or the Coordinator of Health Services at email@example.com.
Please note that some of the questions have changed, so please review carefully.
ACCOUNTING FOR QUARANTINE DAYS
As previously communicated, staff must use vacation (if applicable), personal or unpaid time if they are required to quarantine as a result of voluntary travel.
Students who are hybrid or full-time in person and cannot attend due to a travel-related quarantine will be on 100% remote instruction. As referenced in a communication to the school community on February 4, if a student is absent on five occasions, they will be transferred to remote learning for the remainder of the marking period.
Please remember, by adhering to these guidelines now, we can best protect all members of our school community.
Stay strong! Stay healthy!
Martin D. Cox, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Sue Sherlock, FNP
Coordinator of Health Services