Important Information From Food Services
I would like to share some important news from the Food Service Department related to School Reopening.
Due to the need to maintain social distancing, the Food Service Department will be making several changes. The information below provides details on how Food Services will operate for Breakfast and Lunch service in our new school environment.
Key differences this year include students having lunch in their classrooms; breakfast meal weekly pickup, and a limit to the number of lunch selections offered as we begin the school year.
We look forward to the students returning to our buildings, and we ask for your patience as we navigate and adjust our procedures within the Hybrid Model.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS FOR All CCSD STUDENTS
Earlier this year, the USDA announced it would provide free meals to students during the Spring and summer. The USDA has extended the free school meal program for all students nationwide through December 31, 2020. (Families who qualify for Free and Reduced lunch are still encouraged to complete the Free and Reduced Application so that when the program ends in December, free and reduced meals can be continued.)
All meals include an entree, vegetable, fruit and milk.
A la carte items (“snacks”) are not part of the free school meals, but will be available for purchase after the first two weeks of Hybrid instruction.
Your child’s school lunch account will remain active and you can add money to the account in advance. There are 3 ways to do this: use myschoolbucks.com (service fee applies), send in a personal check made payable to CCSD Food Service (include student pin number), or cash (no change given; change is applied back to student’s account)
Breakfast - Weekly Pick Up Program
Breakfast will not be served in school, with the exception of the Birchwood School.
The Food Service Department will provide 7 days of free breakfast meals to all CCSD students through a pick-up process. Breakfast should be prepared and eaten at home prior to the student’s in-person or remote classes.
- The Food Service weekly Breakfast Pick-up will be from 7:00am - 8:00am at the Felix Festa Drop-Off / Pick-up Road.
- The first pick up date is Thursday, September 24th. After that, pick up will be every Friday beginning October 2nd.
General Information For Students on In-School Instruction Days:
- Free lunch will be available to all in-school students grades K-12, beginning on Tuesday, September 29th.
- Lunch will be delivered and eaten in the classroom. All food items will be individually wrapped and utensils will be pre-packaged. Disposable paper desk coverings will be provided in each classroom.
- The September/October Menu will be posted on the District Website beginning September 22nd.
- Lunch will be ordered by students with the assistance of their teachers in their Homeroom each morning.
- For the first two weeks of school no snacks will be offered with the exception of bottled water. A 16 oz. bottled water costs $1.25.
Felix Festa Middle School:
- September/October Menu will be posted on the Felix Festa and District Website by September 24th.
- Lunch will be ordered by students in their Homeroom each morning using a Google Lunch Form. Students will access the Lunch Form on the school website.
- For the first two weeks of school no snacks will be offered with the exception of bottled water. A bottle of 16 oz. Bottled water costs $1.25.
Clarkstown North and South High Schools:
- September/October Menu will be posted on the District and School Website on September 24th.
- Lunch will be ordered by high school students each morning using a Google Lunch Form located on the school website. The Lunch Form will need to be completed by 8:15 am on the day of service.
- For the first two weeks of school no snacks will be offered with the exception of bottled water. A 16 oz. Bottled water costs $1.25.
Lunch Pick Up for Students on days they attend class remotely:
- A daily free meal pick-up will be available beginning September 29th for all CCSD students who are learning remotely.
- :Pick-up location for all students: Felix Festa Drop-off/Pick up Road in front of the cafeteria. Pick-up time: 7:00am - 8:00am
- Please note: Due to the need for buses for transportation to in-person learning, the district is unable to continue meal delivery service.
Thank you for your understanding as we introduce our new processes. If you have any questions regarding meals, please email me at email@example.com.
Director of Food Service