Felix Festa Before School Programs:
Beginning in the 2019-2020 school year, Festaville will be in charge of all student supervision between the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m., Monday through Friday. (Students are not permitted access to FFMS prior to 7:00 a.m.)
Register for Festaville: www.festaville.org Email: email@example.com Only registered students will have access to the building between the hours of 7:00 a.m.- 8:00 a.m. daily.
Registered students MUST ENTER the building through the cafeteria doors on the pickup road. 8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m. (All students are permitted to enter FFMS at 8:00 a.m.daily) Starting at 8:00 a.m., students may enter the building through the A-School, C-School, D-School OR the cafeteria doors via the pickup road. From 8:00 - 8:50 a.m., students are required to be in a supervised location (cafeteria, extra help, open gym, library, etc.) Students may not leave their designated location prior to 8:50 a.m.
MESSAGES FOR ALL STUDENTS:
- Students must bring a note to school following an absence. All absences will be recorded as unexcused until a note is brought to the attendance office.
- A student must report to his/her classroom teacher first before going to instrument lessons. Before going to the nurse, a student must first get a note from his/her classroom teacher
- Important Cell Phone Information: Although students may bring a phone into the building, it is to be turned off during the school day. Students are prohibited from using cell phones capable of recording and/or sending an image while on campus, in a district transportation vehicle, or while involved in any district related activities. If an emergency arises, please feel free to call the office and we will be more than happy to assist you.
- Students are not allowed to carry any liquids in bottles, especially in the pool area. Students may not have aerosol cans (including deodorants) in school.
- As noted in the Student Agenda, under Student Responsibilities, #12: “Students are expected to dress in an appropriate manner. Anything that is disruptive to the educational process, lewd or offensive is prohibited. Bare midriffs, cut-off shorts and shirts, inappropriate tank tops … will not be allowed. Hats, hoods, sweatbands and bandannas may not be worn. Jackets and coats must be kept in lockers."
- Written parent requests for students to take a different bus home must be brought to the school office by Period 1 of that day. Approval will be for childcare purposes only and will be based on seating availability.
ALL STUDENTS & STAFF
- If you are entering or leaving “A” School by the parent pick-up road or the parking lot behind the cafeteria, DO NOT use the walkway between A School and B Wing. Please enter and exit the building by the cafeteria.
- Homework Center is open before/after school in B107 and Lunch Periods (Period 4 in D205/D102, Period 5 in A106/A103, Period 6 in C101)
- All students should remember to bring an independent reading book to school every day. You never know when you will have time to read, especially during the longer homerooms at the beginning of the year.
The Festa administrative team and staff are committed to maintaining a safe and productive learning environment, taking proactive measures to promote positive social interactions by working with students to make good choices. On a regular basis middle school staff will facilitate No Place for Hate lessons. The theme of Respect + Responsibility = Success will continue to be an underlying foundation for day to day interaction. Your assistance in this process is greatly appreciated.