EMERGENCY / CANCELLATION NOTIFICATION RESOURCES
When school must be closed due to inclement weather or other emergencies, announcements are made through a variety of media:
- BlackBoard Connect Mass Messaging System - CCSD Familes and Staff Only -
- Please make sure your emergency contact information is up to date.
To review or update your information:
- CCSD Families - Contact your child's school
CCSD Staff - Contact Personnel at 845-639-6430
- BlackBoard Connect - Notification Removal Form
- Replay phone messages
- CCSD Mobile App
- Our Website: www.ccsd.edu
- Our Twitter Site: https://twitter.com/ccsdschools
- Radio: WHUD (100.7 FM), WRCR (1700), WLNA (1420), WFAS (1230 AM & 103.9 FM), WVOX (1460 AM), WVNJ (1160 AM), WCBS (880 AM) & County Radio (1640 AM).
- Television: WCBS (Channel 2), WNBC-TV (Channel 4), WNYW (Channel 5), WABC-TV (Channel 7), News Channel 12, WRNN-TV (Kingston) Use this link to find WRNN channel on Fios, Optimum, Direct TV, etc.
- Additional Website: http://www.whud.com/storm-center
The decision to close or delay openings is made after consultation with local police, the highway department, various weather services, and the transportation department. Should the number of days of inclement weather closings exceed the number of days provided, the excess days will be made up.
Weather Make Up Days 2017-18 School Year - Once we exceed four adverse weather condition days, weather make-up days will be taken in the following order: 2018 - April 6, 5, 4, 3, February 23, 22, 21, 20.