Clarkstown High School North
New City, N.Y. 10956
Senior Parking Regulations – 2019-2020
NOTE: Registration instructions for the 2019-2020 school year can be found here.
Please go to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website to obtain all the necessary information on policies for licensed drivers. Please note: students with Learner’s Permits will not be issued a parking permit.
- STUDENTS MUST RECOGNIZE THAT PARKING ON SCHOOL GROUNDS IS A PRIVILEGE.
- All New York State and local traffic and licensing laws must be followed at all times.
- A student subject to disciplinary offenses, such as (but not limited to) fighting or breaking school rules is liable to have his/her parking privilege revoked at the discretion of the school administration. (SEE PARKING POLICY IN STUDENT HANDBOOK).
- Any speeding or reckless driving on campus will result in the immediate suspension of parking permit.
- Any changes of vehicle information must be reported to the Annex Office immediately.
- A student’s car parked in areas marked NO PARKING, FIRE LANE, VISITOR or designated for HANDICAPPED OR FACULTY AND STAFF PARKING will be subject to ticketing, booting, and/or towing at the expense of the owner. No warning will be issued.
- Students are not permitted to go to their cars until the end of their school day. Cars are not to be used in lieu of school lockers.
- Parking decals are to be displayed on the passenger side front windshield. The decals may not be transferred from one student to another.
- Students are not allowed to move cars from one parking spot to another until 2:15 P.M.
- Employment, class schedule, and availability of alternative transportation will not be considered in the assignment of parking permits.
- Students are expected to abide by parking regulations at all times when school is in session.
- All drivers must follow the directions of any duly authorized school personnel with regard to the use of their cars on school grounds.
- Students must submit a parent permission form, a copy of their driver's license, a copy of vehicle registration, and complete the online parking registration form located in the "2020 Senior Class Parking" google classroom.
- All outstanding fines/obligations must be rectified prior to receiving a permit.
- Only BOCES students will be guaranteed a Main lot parking spot.
- Students are to park in their assigned lot with passengers upon entering the campus. Drop-offs and pick-ups are not permitted.
- Parking applications for the first semester will be accepted starting in June. It is not first come first serve. Spots are assigned randomly through a lottery and will be enforced early September.
- Students who park in the main first semester will park in the ball field second semester and vice-versa. Students will be notified when and where to pick up their spring semester decals in January 2020.