To ensure we remain safe and healthy, there are a few updates to health policy for this school year:
- All students, staff and visitors— vaccinated and unvaccinated— must wear face coverings indoors in accordance with the August 27 New York State Department of Health mandate. This directive remains consistent with CCSD’s August 5 Letter to the Community regarding required face coverings in all district buildings.
- We will continue with the amended visitor policy put in place last year. You must have an appointment to visit the school. Walk-in visits will not be accommodated.
- As per updated state guidance, when students are unmasked, our schools will implement physical distancing to the extent possible.
- Students, staff and bus drivers are required to wear face coverings at all times aboard our school buses, per CDC guidance.
- We ask that you please remain vigilant in monitoring your own health; if you think you may be experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home and get tested.
- Please see linked here our Reopening to Schools Q & A page that will provide you more information.
We will continue to monitor for any updates in state or CDC guidelines/mandates, and will update the CCSD community on any changes to district health and safety protocols that may follow.
New York State COVID-19 Report Card
The NYS COVID-19 Report Card is available to the public on the New York State Department of Health website and includes daily case statistics from schools and BOCES throughout the state. For the time being, CCSD will also being reporting new positive COVID cases by building on our Summary Table 2021-2022 page. Instructions on receiving email notifications every time the Summary Table is updated can be found on that page.
The Clarkstown Central School District will continue to communicate directly with staff members who are exposed, and with parents and guardians when their child is exposed or when school schedules are impacted.