June 1, 2021
Dear Viking Class of 2022,
Congratulations rising Seniors! I’m excited to announce it is now time to place your order for your gold tie-dye SENIOR t-shirt. All orders are due Wednesday, June 16. Below is a sample of the order details.
May 17, 2021
Dear Students & Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2022,
We have several important announcements regarding upcoming events. Please read this message carefully and direct questions to the appropriate people!
Junior Ball - May 26th 7-10:30PM
at the Park Ridge Marriott
- Tickets must be purchased on My School Bucks.
- If you are bringing a date from another school district, purchase their ticket on My School Bucks and have them complete this permission slip and email it to email@example.com. They must also bring proof of the Covid 19 Vaccination or a negative test result dated May 23-26th to the event in order to be admitted.
- If you are bringing a South, North, or Birchwood student as your date, please direct them to purchase their ticket on My School Bucks.
- Ticket sales end on May 21st.
- Once ticket sales end, students will pick their tables. Please look for an email regarding this after May 21st.
Questions about My School Bucks? Contact Ms. Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the Junior Ball? Contact Ms. Tombari-Younghans at email@example.com
Senior Portraits - June 28-30th and July 7-9th
at Beth Capuano’s Studio
- Beth Capuano, our photographer, will be taking senior portraits during FREE sessions on these dates.
- Schedule your session here.
- Pictures will be taken outside in Beth’s garden. Casual attire is encouraged, while following the school’s dress code. Most students wear sundresses, nice tops, button down shirts, or polos. If you pre-ordered your cap and gown, feel free to bring it and have a photo taken in that as well!
- Any session scheduled after the above dates will incur a $50 sitting fee.
- If you choose to use another photographer for Senior Portraits, please note that ALL portraits must be emailed to Ms. Russ by September 1st in order to be included in the yearbook.
Questions about the Yearbook? Contact Ms. Russ at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please sign up for Class of 2022 Remind Messages to stay up to date with events and announcements.
- For students whose last name starts with Letters A-F, please join the Remind Message by texting @f99c49 to 81010.
- For students whose last name starts with Letters G-P, please join the Remind Message by texting @b83dhg to 81010.
- For students whose last name starts with Letters Q-Z, please join the Remind Message by texting @b8e2ebc to 81010.
- For Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2022, please join the Remind Message by texting @8b7bck to 81010.
Amanda Tombari Younghans
Student Activities Co-Coordinator & Yearbook Co-Advisor
May 13, 2021
Unfortunalety the previous link did not work properly, please use the form noted below.
As the Junior Ball approaches, we are looking for fun trivia to have at the junior ball and we came up with the idea to guess that baby picture. If you are planning to attend the Junior Ball, please submit your baby picture by Monday, May 17th on this google form: https://docs.google.com/
forms/d/e/ 1FAIpQLSfSd5miwSfZxfyjpQKRLx68 XgPMW6y2lB5aPIibqyFg06SrmQ/ viewform?usp=sf_link
We can't wait to see your cute little baby faces!
May 4, 2021
The election of Student Council officers for the 2021-22 school year will take place through a form ballot on your google classroom, Class of 2022 Election, 2gjzpt2. This year's election will be held on Monday, June 7th.
Any student wishing to run for a position in the Student Council must first complete a pre-election candidacy form. The form has been posted as an assignment in your google classroom, and must be submitted by Friday, May 27th.
Please reach out to Mr. Paul (email@example.com) if you have any questions or concerns regarding the election process or participation in the Student Council.
April 30, 2021
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Members of the Class of 2022:
I hope this email finds you well. Last week, the Governor of New Jersey, Phil Murphy, announced new guidelines related to event venues, such as the Park Ridge Marriott (where the Junior Ball is being held on May 26). Some of the guidelines that will impact the Junior Ball include:
- Increased capacity limits from 150 to 250
- Dancing is permissible as long as students wear masks, remain six feet apart, and remain within the confines of the dance floor.
As a result of the increased capacity, juniors may now bring a date as long as this person is a student at Clarkstown South, Clarkstown North, or the Birchwood School (grades 9-12). No dates outside of Clarkstown South, Clarkstown North, and the Birchwood School (9-12) are permitted.
Additionally, in the event that we must contact trace, students will be assigned to tables and will also take turns on the dance floor should they choose to dance.
Finally, all attendees must complete a health screener before entering the Park Ridge Marriott and submit it to the event staff. It is my expectation that everyone will comply with these health guidelines so that we can have a fun, but safe Junior Ball.
As a reminder, all attendees must purchase their own ticket on www.myschoolbucks.com and complete the digital form, consenting to the guidelines provided. If you have any issues with my school bucks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I appreciate everyone’s patience as guidelines continue to change. Have a good weekend.
Principal, Clarkstown High School South
April 29, 2021
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians of the Class of 2022:
It is hard to believe in a few short months you will be Seniors! As we come to the end of this year, it is time to prepare for the Class of 2022 Senior Portraits. We will have our portraits taken by our senior photographer, Beth Capuano, in the garden at her studio in West Nyack. This will allow us to maintain all safety protocols necessary to accommodate our students. Please see below for instructions on how to book your appointment.
We encourage students to consider the casual environment and school dress code when selecting their portrait outfit. Additionally, if you also want to be photographed with a cap and gown, we cannot allow one to be shared so you must purchase before May 7th in order for it to be available in time for photos. There will be another opportunity to purchase your graduation cap and gown in the fall if you do not want it now for the pictures. Please see below for instructions on how to order your cap and gown on myschoolbucks.com.
Scheduling Senior Portrait
To schedule your appointment at Beth Capuano Photography, simply click here to go to her website and follow the instructions under the “South Seniors 2022” link.
The date choices are: June 28, 29 and 30; July 7, 8 and 9; 10AM - 6PM
NOTE: Please arrive on time and ready to be photographed· School dress code must be followed. We are still operating under all CDC Safety Guidelines, please remain socially distanced and fully masked except when being photographed.
Placing a Cap and Gown Order
To order your cap and gown, please go to www.myschoolbucks.com. If you have an issue with myschoolbucks, please contact Ms. Dolan at email@example.com. Students will not be able to buy their own gowns through their own myschoolbucks account. The cap and gown will only show up in the online store when the buyer is signed in to the parent/guardian account. Parents need to create an account on www.myschoolbucks.com and add their child to the account. This will enable the parent to choose and purchase the cap and gown. The cost is $40. See the chart below for sizing.
Ms. Cathy Russ, Yearbook Advisor
Ms. Amanda Younghans, Yearbook Advisor
April 21, 2021
Dear Class of 2022 Students, Parents and Guardians:
We are happy to announce that we are able to have a Junior Ball which will be held on Wednesday, May 26, 2021, at the Park Ridge Marriott from 7:00-10:30 p.m. If your child plans to attend, parents and students should visit My School Bucks (www.myschoolbucks.com) to reserve a seat at the Junior Ball prior to May 21st. The cost of the dance is $80 per student. If you are having trouble with My School Bucks, please contact Christina Dolan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Due to social distancing and maximum capacity guidelines set forth by the State of New Jersey, we are only allowed to have students in the Clarkstown South’s Class of 2022 attend the Junior Ball this year. As we get closer to the date of the Ball, we will share more information concerning dancing and capacity limits. Students who attend the Junior Ball must attend 4 class periods on Wednesday, May 26th. In addition, students will be excused from periods 1 and 2 on Thursday, May 27th without consequences.
Our Junior Ball is alcohol and drug free. We feel so strongly about this issue that a committee of parents, students, teachers and administrators developed a policy regarding alcohol/drug use. The policy is explained in the attached Agreement of Expectations. By buying a ticket, you are agreeing to the Agreement of Expectations.
Please note the following important information:
- The cost of the ball $80.00 per person which includes a sit down dinner, DJ, and open photobooth with unlimited photos.
- Payments must be made on My School Bucks https://www.myschoolbucks.com/
- The dance is from 7:00 - 10:30 p.m. Students should arrive no later than 7:30 p.m. and no one will be dismissed prior to 10:30 p.m.
We urge you to support our commitment to provide a safe and successful Junior Ball.