June 18, 2021
Dear Class of 2021 Senior Students, Parents and Guardians,
Happy Father’s Day to all of our Dad’s today. I hope you have a wonderful day with your families.
I am writing to give some final, important information about graduation. I understand that the weather may be an issue at this point, but as of now, we are still on schedule for a Tuesday graduation with the ceremony beginning at 1:20 p.m. We will be in constant communication with the stadium to see if a postponement is necessary, and I will communicate any information as I learn it. Currently, there are times on Friday and Saturday set aside if the ceremony is postponed.
FOR PARENTS AND GUESTS
-Arrive at Boulders beginning at 12:45 p.m. and park in PARKING LOT B.
-Health screeners are now not required, but your ticket is necessary for entry.
-Masks are not required outdoors, but they must be worn indoors (for example, bathrooms).
-Do not bring noise makers since this will interfere with the reading of the names and the ceremony.
-Students need to arrive at the Student Line-Up Area outside of the centerfield fence by 12:20 p.m.
-Under the gown attire is summer semi-formal. Please keep in mind that you will be walking down the stands on to a baseball field; therefore, appropriate shoes are suggested. Shoes with heels may prove to be hazardous. Shoes should be comfortable and safe.
-Tassels are worn to the right side of the cap
-There are a limited number of extra tickets available. They will be distributed on a first come first serve basis and MUST be reserved, with a limit of two additional tickets per student. Please call (845) 624-3410 to reserve.
For those guests unable to attend, the Commencement Exercise will be livestreamed: https://livestream.com/ dynamicproductionsusa/ clarkstownsouth
the livestream link will also be available on the main page of our school’s website under “South Bulletins”:
-Handicapped seats and loge seating are available for individuals who have difficulty going into the stadium seats. Please be considerate of those guests who need them.
-For those attending, please refer to the attached maps for driving and parking information.
-At the conclusion of the ceremony, everyone exits the stadium towards the playground gates so South’s custodial crew can clean and prepare for the next graduation ceremony.
I look forward to seeing out seniors tomorrow morning in Clarkstown South’s gym at 8:30 a.m. for our rehearsal. Following the rehearsal, students may walk the building and have their yearbooks signed as well as return any borrowed school items.
Thank you for your patience as we continue to monitor the weather situation for Tuesday.
Debra Tarantino, Principal
June 15, 2021
Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students of the Class of 2021:
On behalf of the faculty and administration of Clarkstown High School South, I am thankful that we are able to have one graduation for the entire graduating class. We have come a long way since last year.
As preparations are made for Clarkstown High School South’s 49th Commencement Exercise for the Class of 2021, please note the following important information:
IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES:
- Graduation rehearsal will take place on Monday, June 21 at 8:30 a.m. in the gymnasium at Clarkstown High School South;
- The graduation ceremony is on Tuesday, June 22 at 1:20 p.m. at Boulders Stadium and the gates open by 1 p.m.; Graduates must arrive by 12:20 p.m. (see below for details)
- I am hopeful for a beautiful graduation day, but should a rain date be necessary, graduation will be either Friday, June 25 or Saturday, June 26. The times for either date have yet to be determined.
COVID HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- Based on current guidelines for outdoor events, attendees are not required to wear masks. However, masks are required when entering indoor spaces (such as bathrooms);
- Also, when checking-in with event staff at the main gate, please do wear a mask; For a quick entry to the stadium, all ticket holders must complete the health-screening questionnaire on the reverse side of the ticket before driving to Boulder Stadium;
- Since graduates will be seated 3-feet apart, I am still waiting for guidance from the Health Department whether graduates need to wear masks. I will send another communication next week with an update.
SEATING AND PARKING:
The commencement ceremony will take place at Boulder Stadium, 1 Palisades Credit Union Park Drive, Pomona, New York, 10970. Please note the following:
- The graduation ceremony will begin promptly at 1:20 p.m.;
- All attendees driving to Boulder Stadium must enter through Firemen’s Memorial Drive (see attached map of driving directions-green arrows);
- Attendees must park in PARKING LOT B (please see attached parking assignment map);
- Guests requiring handicapped parking should park in the blue-striped handicap parking areas;
- Check-in for parents and guests will begin by 1 p.m. at the main gate;
- Graduates should report for line-up to the Players’ Parking Lot behind the centerfield fence no later than 12:20 p.m. Students will line up with their assigned teacher rows as rehearsed;
- Tickets ARE REQUIRED for this event. Each graduate will receive six tickets at rehearsal and guests must enter through the main gate;
- Tickets that include the health screeners will be collected by the event staff at the gate;
- Handicapped seating is located at the top of each section (see attached ADA seating photo) (see attached loge seating photo);
- Seating is general admission; There is no assigned seating.
- Guests are asked to follow the directions of the event and security staff, the auxiliary police, and the police.
DURING AND AFTER THE CEREMONY:
- For those guests unable to attend, the Commencement Exercises will be livestreamed. Please use this link to access the livestream: https://livestream.com/
- Please refrain from bringing air horns and other noise making devices;
- Graduates are reminded not to bring any cameras, cell phones, and other valuables with them to their seats. The school is not responsible for lost or stolen property;
- At the conclusion of the graduation ceremony, please make sure to dispose of any garbage in the appropriate receptacles;
- Guests and graduates will exit the stadium via the playground exit to Parking Lot B.
- Please exit Boulder Stadium via Pomona Road (see attached map with driving directions-red arrows);
- Students will be receiving their diploma covers at graduation. The actual diplomas will be mailed out to students in July.
After a year of hybrid (in-person and remote learning), I look forward to seeing and addressing the Class of 2021 all together for one final time as each student gets ready to begin a new journey.
Principal, Clarkstown High School South
June 13, 2021
Dear Class of 2021 Students, Parents and Guardians,
Included in this letter is important information concerning the return of borrowed items and graduation rehearsal.
RETURN OF BORROWED ITEMS
As your child is preparing to graduate from high school and engage in new challenges and experiences, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your partnership and support in their high school education.
In the fall, all seniors were offered a loaner CCSD leased laptop computer to assist in facilitating their educational needs. At this time, we are requiring all laptop computers loaned to students completing the 12th grade of school to be returned to the school library by Monday, June 21, 2021. Students may begin returning their laptops and chargers to the library any time this week. Remote students may come to school during any scheduled late arrival, early dismissal, lunch, or study hall periods, or on any school day before 3:00 p.m.
The last day for all seniors to return their laptops is immediately following graduation rehearsal on June 21st. Please be advised that if the laptop issued to your child is not returned to the South High School by June 21, 2021, the District reserves the right to take any and all appropriate action, which may include excluding your child from attending graduation.
In addition to laptops, seniors may return other items such as books and calculators to teachers this week. The last day to return items will be after the graduation rehearsal. Teachers will be in their classrooms that day and seniors will be able to visit their teachers and return all borrowed items.
All seniors are required to attend graduation rehearsal on June 21st at 8:30 a.m. in the gymnasium. The rehearsal will last approximately an hour, and we will review the ceremony with the students. In addition, graduates will receive six tickets for graduation at the rehearsal.
Students will be dismissed from the rehearsal by way of the gym hallway where they will receive a “Send Off” gift created and organized by the PTSA and senior parents. Seniors will then have the opportunity to return items (computers in the library, books, etc. to teachers) and walk the halls of Clarkstown South one final time as a senior and say goodbye to the staff. Seniors are dismissed once they receive their gifts.
Approximately midweek, I will send a separate email with information pertaining to graduation at the stadium. I am looking forward to celebrating the 49th Annual Commencement with the entire graduating class.
May 19, 2021
Dear Families of the Clarkstown South Class of 2021,
Grad Night is an annual celebration organized by parent volunteers for the graduating seniors of Clarkstown High School South. The event provides an all-night, alcohol-free, tobacco-free & drug-free celebration and will take place on the evening of graduation, Tuesday, June 22, 2021.
After having ample time to celebrate with family, the new graduates will return to South at 9:15 p.m. for check-in. Shortly after arriving, they will be transported by bus to and from an off-site venue. The event will take place from 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Throughout the evening there will be a multitude of activities including: a DJ and Emcee, organized sports and activities on turf fields, a party lounge, games for prizes, a hypnotist show plus food and refreshments. The evening is sure to create many cherished memories for the Senior Class of 2021!
The fee for Grad Night 2021 is $100.
Tickets are available for purchase on MySchooLBucks.com.
Payment and Consent Form must be filled out online. You will find more detailed information and the Grad Night Rules on MySchoolBucks.com
This is the last opportunity for the Clarkstown South Class of 2021 to be together, so we do hope all of the Seniors will attend this once-in-a-lifetime-event.
We understand that at this time when prom tickets and dresses are being paid for and tuxedos being rented, that it may be difficult for some families to manage the cost of Grad Night. We want every student that wants to go to be able to attend! If your child is in this situation, please either reach out to Mr. Jim Russell, PTSA Co-President at email@example.com or to Mrs. Tarantino, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any additional questions, please contact:
Maureen Walsh at 845-642-3977 or Maryellen Amendola 845-598-2826
The Grad Night Committee
This year’s event promises to be a Fun, Safe & Sober, Destination Graduation occasion!
This is a PTSA Sponsored Event.