Free WiFi Information
For any community member in need of internet access in your home. Altice, Spectrum & Comcast have announced FREE Internet for 60 Days, beginning Monday March 16 for K-12 Families displaced from COVID-19 school closings. All eligible households can call and subscribe based on their coverage area.Altice USA:
https://www.alticeusa.com/ news/articles/feature/ corporate/altice-usa-brings- free-broadband-k-12-and- college-students-during- coronavirus-pandemic
- Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, eligible households interested in this solution can call: 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region
- For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
- Altice is the parent company for Optimum.
- Parents have to call 844-488-8395 starting Monday, March 16 for grades K-college
- Free internet for 60 days with more information coming on installation instructions and programs guidelines
- 100 mbps speed
- Open internet (your device needs to set up filtering apart from this)
- Public Wi-Fi hotspot will also be made available so no credentials should be needed
Comcast Increases Access to and Speeds of Internet Essentials to Support Americans Through Coronavirus Pandemic
We’ll send all new customers a free self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router. There will be no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee.
To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.