Procedures for Requesting the Rental of the Felix V. Natatorium
- The pool will be available for rental in three month intervals broken up into the following groupings: September-November, December-February, March-May, June-August.
- Clarkstown Central School District sanctioned events (Example: Phys. Ed, Community Swim, Athletics) and pre-approved Weekend Swim Meets will have precedence over any other permit.
- Pool use will be awarded in hierarchial order based upon an organizations in-district residency. Meaning, the organization that proves to have the highest number of in-district residents on their team will receive the highest priority for pool use during a three month rental cycle.
During the first week of the month prior to the three month cycle (Ex. August 1-7 for the September to November cycle), organizations must submit:
A) A team roster to the Office of Facilities highlighting names and addresses of all participants to determine a number and percentage of Clarkstown residents. The number of in-district members on the team will be used to determine hierarchial order for pool use. The percentage of in-district members on the team will be used to determine billing rate per hour, per lane.
B) An email or correspondence to the Director of Aquatics highlighting all requested weekly pool time slots and dates for the entire 90 day period. Requests must be for 16 lanes. 8 lanes can be requested only if another organization agrees to rent the remaining 8 lanes during the same time frame. 12 lanes can be requested only if another organzaition agrees to rent the remaining 4 lanes during the same time frame. To aid in requesting available timeslots, organizations will have access to a calendar listing all open times during the rental cycle (See attachment on the bottom of this screen).
1) Team A requests 16 lanes every Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 5:30-8 pm from September 1st to November 30th.
2) Team A requests 8 lanes in the deep end and Team B requests 8 lanes in the shallow end on Saturdays from 8:00-10:00 AM from September 1st to November 30th.
3) Team B requests 12 lanes, 8 deep and 4 shallow, and Team C requests 4 lanes shallow from 830-10 pm Monday and Wednesday's from September 1st to November 30th.
During the second week prior to the three month cycle, the Office of Facilities will verify in-district status and determine a hierarchical order for the awarding of permits for that rental cycle. The hierarchial order will dictate pool use; meaning, Team A will have choice of pool timeslots over Team B, and B over C, etc. At this point the hierarchial status will be shared with all organizations.
During the third week prior to the three month cycle, The Facilities Team will review the pool rental schedule for each organization requesting pool use.
During the final week prior to the three month cycle, the finalized 90 day schedule will be shared with all users. At this time, groups will be directed to submit permits using the School Dude Online Permit System. Permits will not receive final approval unless accompanied with all District required documentation (Proper insurance, etc.). In addition, at this time groups will be informed of any remaining open slots and will have the option to submit permits for use which will be received and processed on a first-come, first serve basis. An invoice will be generated based upon the 90 day period and daily or weekly changes will not be approved. Adjustments in billing will only be made for any days the organization was unable to use the pool due to a District sanctioned conflict or pool closure.
Please Note: Failure to adhere to the above requirements or late submission of requested documentation may result in your permits being declined!