Find and apply for as many scholarships as you can—it’s free money!
Start researching early and meet deadlines - you may be on your way to scholarship success!
Scholarships are gifts. They don't need to be repaid. There are thousands of them, offered by schools, employers, individuals, private companies, nonprofits, communities, religious groups, and professional and social organizations.
Local Scholarship information is listed on Naviance. There, you will find the most current and up to date listing of scholarships that have been sent directly to our office.
Where to begin:
- Log-on to your Naviance Account and check out the Scholarship
- Collegeboard.com, check out the new Opportunity Scholarships
- Create a Fastweb.com Account
- The NYS Lottery Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarships
- The National Hispanic Scholarship Fund: hsf.net/
- Create a CAPPEX account: cappex.com
- Checkout: NYS Stem Incentive Grant Program: hesc.ny.gov
- National Teach Grant: Studentaid.ed.gov
- The Excelsior Scholarship provides tuition awards to eligible students attending New York State's public colleges and universities (SUNY and CUNY): hesc.ny.gov
*** Check in with your parents! Sometimes their employers offer scholarships!