A child’s ability to learn is influenced by his health status. School nurses, with their specialized education and skills, provide the services necessary to maintain wellness and address the health-related needs of students. As a result of these services, the quality of education as well as the quality of life for students are enhanced.
The Clarkstown Central School District health services program is designed to promote this philosophy as well as to contribute to the goals of the total education program.
Registered Professional School Nurse:
- Gives emergency care.
- Provides mandated screenings for vision, color vision, hearing, and scoliosis.
- Identifies and follows-up health problems which may interfere with learning.
- Manages the prevention and control of contagious diseases.
- Coordinates referrals to community and school based agencies.
- Provides staff inservice/ staff development.
- Participates in disaster preparedness.
- Collaborates with school staff, parents, and health care providers.
Please follow the links in the left sidebar to view additional information.
Coordinator of Health Services
- phone - 845-620-2016
- fax: 845-639-8068