One of the best opportunities for sharing students’ hard work, creativity and achievement with parents is Open House. Open House is a time to give special recognition to all students. It is a celebration in which everyone shines. Please join us for this special evening on March 20th at 7:00P.M.
While it is important for the school to communicate with parents, it is also important for children to communicate with their parents about school. Talking to your child about school is an important part of his/her learning. The following are some tips for communicating with your child about school:
- Ask your child:
- to tell you the best thing that happened at school that day
- to explain something he/she learned
- how things are with specific subjects, friends or issues he/she has talked about in the past
- Look over your child’s completed homework every night.
- Talk to your child about upcoming events and activities in the classroom.
- Look over papers your child brings home each night, giving praise for progress and achievement.
Please continue to check the school’s website for upcoming events. Thank you for your continued support.
Joan Taylor, Ed.D.